The Rough Guide to Devon & Cornwall (Travel Guide eBook)
The Rough Guide to Devon & Cornwall
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
Discover Devon and Cornwall with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to hike the stunning cliffs of the Southwest Coast Path, go on an art pilgrimage to the gallery hotspots of Newlyn or St Ives, or digging into the region's history and mythology at Tintagel or Hound Tor, The Rough Guide to Devon & Cornwall will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Devon & Cornwall:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to the West Country
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way aroundExeter, Truro and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the picturesque harbour at Fowey and the dazzling white sands of the Isles of Scilly
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found inDartmouth, Exmoor and the Penwith peninsula
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Devon and Cornwall with coverage of history, landscapes, wildlife, the arts and books
- Covers: Exeter and mid-Devon, East Devon, South Devon, Dartmoor, Plymouth and around, Exmoor, North Devon and Lundy, Southeast Cornwall, the Lizard and Penwith peninsulas, the Isles of Scilly, Cornwall's Atlantic coast, and Bodmin and Bodmin Moor
You may also be interested in: Rough Guide to Dorset, Hampshire & the Isle of Wight
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.